Vintage Hankie + Drop Cloth = Throw Pillow


   It's been a while since I posted. Christmas this year involved a lot of gift making so I hope to post more of those projects very soon. And, since 2012 is just around the corner, I can't promise, but I will say that one of my goals for the New Year is to be more diligent with updating my blog.
   For now, I wanted to show you this simple drop cloth pillow I made for someone special to me who was born in Germany (in fact the town the hankie is from). All it takes is some inexpensive canvas drop cloth, polyfiberfill stuffing and one vintage hankie.
   Sew the handkerchief to the pillow front as close as you can to the rolled edges of the hankie. Then, of course, pin right sides together of pillow front and back, leaving at least 6" section open for turning. Turn sewn pillow right side out, stuff and slip stitch opening closed.
   You can find vintage hankies like these on Ebay or Etsy and many thrift shops. The drop cloth is available at any home improvement shop or Amazon has them also. See more of my drop cloth home decor projects here.


Comments

  1. This is so cool, Pam! I added a link to this blog entry on my Squidoo article about Vintage Handkerchiefs -- Hankies. I love that you used a hankie of where they are from.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!

Popular Posts