Felt Fortune Cookies for Valentines!


I read of these felt fortune cookies recently in one of my daily subscription emails from Craft Gossip and just knew I had to give them a try. The original idea from Martha Stewart used a larger circle template. After a little experimenting, I decided to make my circles 3 1/2" in diameter.

Also, to achieve the shape of the fortune cookie, I found it easier to fold the center wire up once more in the center after the initial half fold. (see below)

Twisted green florist wire and ribbon cut to fit along center of 3 1/2" circle

After hot gluing first the wire down the center of the felt piece, immediately place the ribbon on top, running your fingers along the ribbon to smooth it out. You may want to use a toothpick or something similar to secure the ribbon in place before using your fingers. (The more you practice this, the less chance you have in burning your fingers.) Fold the felt circle in half. 


After the first fold, place both thumbs in center and fold UP once more, then pinch fold felt in the shape of a fortune cookie. Practice and refold until you get the desired look. Place hand-written fortune inside...


Don't know what to write???? Hmmmmm, I suppose it would depend on who you're giving the cookies to, but here's a few ideas for you.... Have Fun!
 

Comments

Popular Posts