Room Divider - DIY Tropical Style
To make a room divider like this...you'll need:
Reed fencing 6' wide x 16' long
Craft scissors to cut reed
Four 1"x4" boards (8 ft lengths)
Staple gun and staples
2 hooks for ceiling
2 Eye screws for divider
Wood screws 1 1/4" long
Drill and Phillips-head bit
Handsaw or miter saw
- Begin by cutting the 16' length of reed fencing in half so you have a piece that is 6' wide x 8' long. (The fencing is actually enough to make two 8' long room dividers and at $23 for the entire 16' roll from Home Depot which makes this a very inexpensive DIY project.
- Trim two feet from the 8' lengths of 1"x 4" so they are 6' each.
- Lay one 6' length of wood on floor. Apply a thin line of Gorilla Glue down the center part of the wood. Align one end of the reed fencing on top of the wood piece and staple along the length at edge.
- Take second piece of wood and sandwich the reed fencing in between. Screw wood sections together.
- Repeat procedure for other end.
P.S. By the way, for any of my blogging friends who live in the Astoria, Oregon area or who may have family or friends there, I will soon be sponsoring spa treatments for several lucky readers. I can personally attest to the quality work these gals do, so please stay tuned. :) Aloha!
Linked to Kim at Today's Creative Blog, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, the Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence and entering this room divider in the DIY Club's monthly contest. Check it out here.